Saturday 3 December 2011

Six ten

I have reached the stage of actually writing my next tma02 short story. Having spent a longish time thinking and trying to come up with a workable idea. But I have suddenly hit a block 1700 words in and now having all manner of doubts about it all. I've been enjoying writing it so far though, I can seem to get right into it, emotionally and in my head. I am writing quite close to my memories and even kept some names in a couple of cases, for certain characters. The story has taken on a bit of a life of its own - or it had until I ran into this stumbling block. So today is going to be trying to find a way forwards. Now writing this at six am (still sleepy but I've decided I'll have a cup of tea and then resume a bit of sleep...)I've just had a thought or two occur to me, maybe to write into the story or emphasise at this point in the story the blocked and trapped nature of the main protagonist... Ok job done for this morning page!

No comments:

Post a Comment